This brand markets itself as the first adveritisng sponsored mobile network. Therefore subscribers should text or sms ads from companies in exchange for free phone credit.
It will be a niche player as it targets people between 15 and 35 years old. According to the website, anyone younger or older will be rejected.
The service will commercially launch on June 1, 2008 but it has started to get customers be referrals.
Some features unique to ümobile are:
- free 100 pesos credits every month for the first six months
- SMS between ümobile users is charged 15 centavos
- SMS from ümobile to other networks is charged 75 centavos
- access to Fring a mobile VOIP application
- free one time change of mobile number, subsequent changes is charged 50 pesos per change
Right now, the only way to get ümobile is get an invite code. You can only get this for free from ümobile events or from other ümobile members. Its like having an invite to use GMAIL when it was launched by Google.
If someone has free invites to ümobile please invite me because I am very much interested and I am stilla couple of years before reaching age 35 . My email is on top (header/banner).
Official Website of ümobile: http://www.umobile.com.ph
- Inquirer.net: Advertising-based mobile phone company launched in RP
- ABS-CBNNews.com: Smart buys two telecom firms for P420M
- ManilaStandardToday.com: Rivals buck Smart’s acquisition of CURE
Filed under: Philippines | Tagged: ümobile, Business and Economy, Connectivity Unilimted Resources Enterprise, Google, Mobile, Mobile Computing, Mobile phone, Short message service, Smart Communications, Telecommunications, United Kingdom |